PT JASA MARGA (Persero) Tbk.
Number: 83/2019 Dated May 26, 2019
A Halt in Toll Road Projects during Eid Holiday
Jakarta (5/26) – Beginning today, May 26, PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk. will temporarily end the work of all toll road projects which potentially disrupts the Eid-holiday homebound trips. The work will recommence by June 15 midnight.
This was revealed during the visit of the Traffic Coordinator of the Republic of Indonesia Refdi Andri who was accompanied by Jasa Marga's Operation Director Subakti Syukur, Jakarta-Cikampek Branch General Manager (GM) Raddy R. Lukman and Purbaleunyi Branch GM AJ. Dwi Winarsa.
The purpose of the visit was to monitor the temporary termination of Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road project and Eid holiday traffic-management preparations. Refdi Andri announced that the toll road project has temporarily ended today.
"Today, I have witnessed the temporary termination of Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road work projects. This will hopefully benefit the homebound and post-homebound travelers," said Refdi.
Likewise, Subakti is optimistic that the temporary termination of the toll road project will have a positive impact in terms of increased lane capacity.
"Jakarta-Cikampek Elevated Toll Road work areas and borderlines had been shifted to provide more space for vehicles to pass by, enabling the traffic to flow freely," Subakti explained.
The temporary project termination follows up the Head of the Toll Road Regulatory Agency (BPJT) letter No. BM.08-P/219 dated May 22, 2019, regarding the Temporary Termination of the Toll Road Construction for the 2019/1440 H Eid Homebound/Post-homebound Trips.
This would hopefully regulate the 2019 Eid holiday traffic flow, making trips safer and more convenient for the travelers.
PT Jasamarga Jalanlayang Cikampek (JJC), Jasa Marga's Subsidiary, also made other preparations, namely:
1. Road repair on widening location to optimize the lanes for better traffic regulation
2. Crane preparation on several locations for vehicle evacuation anticipation
3. Stationing JJC and project Patrols for swift traffic management
4. Minimizing or closing project sites which cause vehicles to frequently stop and which result in traffic disruptions
5. Repainting road markers and providing additional signs as well as construction site boundary lights.
Refdi also mentioned that the contraflow and one-way traffic engineering, which will apply by May 30-31 and June 1-2 during homebound as well as June 8-10 during post-homebound trips, will be scheduled as follows:
- Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road km 29 to km 61 contraflow will be performed between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road km 70 to Pejagan-Pemalang Toll Road km 263 one-way will be performed between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
These schemes will be applied to accommodate vehicles traveling short-distance and heading to-and-fro Bandung. The one-way scheme will only be applicable for small vehicles while buses/large vehicles and short-distance travelers will take the normal lane. Meanwhile, long-distance travelers to Cirebon or Semarang, for instance, may take one way as an alternative. For safety reasons, the maximum speed limit on this lane is 80 km/hour.
Refdi also reassured that the 15% Eid tariff discount will be provided by the Toll Road agencies by May 27-29 and June 10-12 for homebound and post-homebound travelers, respectively, for the sake of a well-distributed traffic load.
He advises the travelers to plan their trip in advance, to ensure their vehicle and physical prime condition, sufficient fuel, and electronic money/e-Toll balance.
To get the most up-to-date information on the toll road, please access our official information channels at:
- Jasa Marga's 24-hour Call Center at 14080
- Twitter @PTJASAMARGA (for traffic information)
- Twitter @OFFICIAL_JSMR (for general information)
- Instagram @official.jasamarga
- JMCARe Mobile Application
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communication Department Head
PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk.
Plaza Tol Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
Tel. (021) 841 3526 / ext. 117/118