Jasa Marga Jakarta-Cikampek Branch Anticipates Peak Post-Homebound Traffic which will Predictably Increase by 181%
Jakarta (5/27) - Jasa Marga Jakarta-Cikampek Branch predicts the peak homebound traffic to fall on May 31, 2019 (Day-5) in which 77 thousand vehicles will leave Jakarta through Cikampek Utama Toll Gate, 181% higher than the usual 27 thousand. With the publicly-informed scheduled one-way, the homebound vehicles will even predictably reach 90 thousand.
The highly-enthusiastic toll road homebound-travelers impelled Jakarta-Cikampek Branch to prepare a number of strategies to facilitate a safe and convenient trip.
The Branch General Manager Raddy R. Lukman mentioned two major considerations for the travelers to anticipate, i.e., Cikarang Utama Tollgate relocation to Cikampek Utama (km 70) and Kalihurip Utama (km 67), which affects Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road transaction and tariff system, as well as the scheduled one-way and contraflow traffic engineering.
The tollgate relocation which was performed before the Eid holiday was due to internal reasons. Cikarang Utama Tollgate transaction was no longer convenient as the nearby Jakarta-Cikampek Elevated Toll Road pier construction had resulted in the closure of six operational booths.
“Trans Java Toll Road connection also increased road-trip preferences on Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road by 15%. Cikarang Utama Tollgate consequently would not be able to hold the raised number of vehicles,” Raddy explained.
The Barrier Cikarang Utama Toll Gate has given rise to these consequences:
1. Open transaction system for Jakarta IC - West/East Pondok Gede, Jakarta IC - West Cikarang and Close Transaction System with proportional tariff for West Cikarang – Cikampek have become an open transaction system for Jakarta IC – Cikampek.
2. The 4 (four) Evenly-tariffed Regions for Jakarta-Cikampek, i.e., Jakarta IC – West/East Pondok Gede Ramp, Jakarta IC – West Cikarang, Jakarta IC – East Karawang, and Jakarta IC – Cikampek.
The demolition of Cikarang Utama Tollgate involves the dismantling of twelve booths at Cikarut 1, Cikarut 4 and Cikarut 6 Tollgates during the Eid homebound and post-homebound holiday.
Eight more booths will be dismantled after the Eid holiday for a consistent number of lanes and re-alignments.
Traffic service will also be in consideration. Contraflow and one-way traffic-engineering will be scheduled within police discretion in this following scheme:
• May 30 to June 2, between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m, Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road km 29 to km 61 contraflow and between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m, Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road km 69 to West Brebes km 263 one-way for homebound trips.
• June 8 to 10, between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m, Jakarta-Cikampek km 61 to km 29 contraflow and Brebes km 263 to Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road km 69 one-way for post-homebound trips.
Raddy also mentioned Cikunir Interchange where three roads intersect, from Jatiasih, Rorotan, and Cawang, towards Cikampek. Three simultaneous projects also pass over the interchange such as Jakarta-Cikampek Elevated Toll Road, Jakarta-Bandung High-Speed Rail and Light Rail Transit (LRT). This reduces the lane capacity.
“Since early May of 2019 PT Jasamarga Jalanlayang Cikampek, as Jakarta-Cikampek Elevated Toll Road operator has opened a new loop to serve travelers heading Cikampek from both Jati Asih and Rorotan. The new loop has opened up the lane capacity to Cikampek which previously had to accommodate vehicles from Jakarta,” he explained.
Jasa Marga Jakarta-Cikampek Branch also facilitated 21 Rest and Service Areas or Rest Areas, spread across 11 locations and 10 locations in the respective direction both from and to Jakarta, i.e., 6 Rest and Service Areas, 5 Rest Areas and 10 parking bays. Zoning and Rest Area Monitoring System (RAMS) were also applied to anticipate the crowded Rest and Service Areas/Rest Areas.
The 977-km Trans Java Toll Road connection from Merak to East Probolinggo also motivated the Eid homebound and post-homebound travelers to travel by road. Not to mention the nationwide toll road 15% discount between May 27–29 and June 10–12, 2019.
To encourage a safe and convenient trip, Jasa Marga advises the toll road travelers to abide by the signs, drive vigilantly, ensure vehicle and physical prime condition, as well as to maintain a sufficient balance of their electronic money through top-ups up to IDR 2 million, fuel, and food supplies before entering the toll road to anticipate heavy traffic congestions at the rest areas.
For road anticipations, please access the latest information at:
- Jasa Marga's 24-hour Call Center at 14080.
- Twitter @PTJASAMARGA (for traffic information)
- Twitter @official_JSMR (for general information).
- Instagram @official.jasamarga
- JMCARe Mobile Application equipped with push notification features.
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communication Department Head
PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk.
Plaza Tol Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
Tel. (021) 841 3526 / ext. 117/118