Jasa Marga 2018 Net Profit with 15%-Dividend
Jakarta (5/6) - The 2018 annual General Meeting of Shareholders (GMS) set a 15%-dividend payment, IDR330.39 billion, to shareholders on Monday (5/6) after PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk. documented an IDR2.20-trillion net profit of 2018.
The GMS also determined new Directors nomenclature and Board of Commissioners, while directors at present proceeds with their remaining term of office. The new positions are:
President Directors: Desi Arryani
Finance Director: Donny Arsal
Human Capital and Transformation Director: Alex Denni
Business Development Director: Adrian Priohutomo
Business Director: Mohammad Sofyan
Operations Director: Subakti Syukur
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
President Commissioner/Independent Commissioner: Sapto Amal Damandari
Independent Commissioner: Sugihardjo
Commissioner: Muhammad Sapta Murti
Commissioner: Agus Suharyono
Commissioner: Anita Firmanti Eko Susetyowati
Independent Commissioner: Vincentius Sonny Loho
COMPANY PERFORMANCE IN 2018
Jasa Marga reached a 9.89% EBITDA growth or IDR 6.02 trillion, and a 61.56% EBITDA margin in 2018. Excluding construction business, a 9.67% growth or IDR9.78 trillion was also obtained in which IDR9.04-trillion was contributed from toll revenue which rose by 9.12%, and IDR748.12 billion from other businesses which increased by 16.82%.
Toll revenue growth is consistent with inflation rate and new toll road operations. Toll Road Concession Rights also contributes to the asset growth, IDR6.29-trillion, an 11,24% increase, totalling Jasa Marga's 2018 assets up to IDR82.42 trillion.
To accelerate the toll road development and strengthen the capital structure, Jasa Marga has made a financial innovation for the fourth time. In 2018, Jasa Marga had already approached an alternative financing product with an equity scheme, Limited Equity Fund (Reksa Dana Penyertaan Terbatas/RDPT), thus decreasing its dependency on debt funding and maintaining its financial stability amidst expansion.
Apart from RDPT, Jasa Marga also signed a Rp30.03-trillion syndicated loan agreement in 2018 to fund Kunciran-Serpong, Jakarta-Cikampek II Elevated, Bogor Ring Road, Balikpapan-Samarinda and Batang-Semarang Toll Road projects.
TOLL ROAD OPERATIONS
Jasa Marga continues to expand and maintain its sustainable business growth. Seven new toll roads, 318.75-km long, have been successfully operated in 2018 and, up to late 2018, a total of 1,000-km toll roads have been operated. These seven newly-operated toll roads are:
1. The 10.75-km Tanjung Morawa–Parbarakan Interchange Segment Medan-Kualanamu-Tebing Tinggi
2. The 2.65-km Kedung Badak–Simpang Yasmin Segment Bogor Ring Road
3. The 75.00-km Batang-Semarang
4. The 32.65-km Salatiga-Kartasura Segment Semarang-Solo
5. The 90.43-km Solo-Ngawi
6. The 87.02-km Ngawi-Kertosono Segment Ngawi-Kertosono-Kediri
7. The 20.25-km Rembang-Pasuruan (Grati) Segment Gempol-Pasuruan
Jasa Marga has therefore greatly contributed to the Trans Java Toll Road connection from Merak to Pasuruan (Grati), where out of 944-km, Jasa Marga operates the 63% portion, or 583 km.
TOLL ROAD OPERATION SERVICES
Jasa Marga has continued to innovate its transaction services since 2018 for the sake of service excellence. Throughout 2018, for instance, Jasa Marga has applied an integrated transaction system at Semarang Toll Road Segment A, B, C and Semarang-Solo Toll Road and Semarang-Batang Toll Road, as well as JORR Toll Road integration (Penjaringan Interchange – Pondok Aren – Kebon Bawang).
In order to prepare the Nir Henti technology application in toll road transactions, Jasa Marga's subsidiary, PT Jasamarga Tollroad Operator (JMTO), has tested the server-based Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Single Lane Free Flow (SLFF) toll transaction technology beforehand. This technology, under FLO brand-name, has also been tested at Bali-Mandara Toll Road, in collaboration with the popular Blue Bird Taxi.
Technology application in the fields of service, control and traffic management has improved Jasa Marga's daily operational services. Truck-dimensions and cargo tonnage load controlling, for instance, impelled Jasa Marga to establish a detection system equipped with Weigh In Motion (WIM), which is installed under km-18 Semarang Toll Road Segment C Kaligawe Bridge to monitor a freight truck's tonnage weight. Violators will be detained and directed to the cargo weighing location, before km 16+800 Muktiharjo Toll Gate, for excessive load removal.
OTHER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTS
Apart from toll road operations, Jasa Marga also develops other business fields in 2018, such as:
- Transaction and traffic services of 747.82-km operational toll roads under PT Jasamarga Tollroad Operator (JMTO). This consists of Jasa Marga and its subsidiary's 536.73-km toll roads and other Toll Road Business Entity (BUJT)'s 155.90-km (15.00-km Bogor-Ciawi-Sukabumi Toll Road and 140.90-km Bakauheni-Tebing Tinggi Besar Toll Road).
- Toll road maintenance of 199.30-km in length with Minimum Service Standards, under PT Jasamarga Tollroad Maintenance (JMTM), which consists of the 59-km Jagorawi Toll Road, the 46.55-km Surabaya-Gempol Toll Road, the 24.75-km Semarang Toll Road, the 42.70 Km Belmera Toll Road and the 26.30-km Palimanan-Kanci Toll Road.
- Property investments as well as Rest and Service Areas (TIP) under PT Jasamarga Properti (JMP), including property development on a 971,824-m2 land inside Jasa Marga's entire Rest Areas, and on a 159,309-m2 land outside the toll road area which spread across Jakarta, Pandaan, Sidoarjo, Bali, and Manado with 14,235-m2 land bank around Bogor Ring Road and North W2 JORR Toll Road. Until 2018, PT JMP has also managed 16 Rest Areas/Rest and Service Areas (TIP) at Jasa Marga's Purbaleunyi (2 Rest Areas), Palimanan-Kanci (1 Rest Area), Batang-Semarang (4 Rest Areas), Solo-Ngawi (6 Rest Areas), Ngawi-Kertosono-Kediri (2 Rest Areas), and Surabaya-Mojokerto (1 Rest Area) Toll Roads.
These accomplishments are consistent with Jasa Marga's commitment to accelerate toll road developments and support the Government's plan in realizing an increased economic growth and interregional connectivity. Thence, Jasa Marga continues to innovate in the fields of funding, business developments, and operations for the sake of community services, and travelers on the road in particular.
For more information, please contact:
M. Agus Setiawan
PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk.
Tel. 021-8413630 / 8413526
Email. firstname.lastname@example.org ;